Hands & Upper Extremity Surgery
14825 N. Outer Forty Road, Ste 200
Chesterfield, MO 63017
A Leader in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
- Board Certified Surgeon who specializes in the total care of the hand and upper extremity, including all aspects of surgical and non-surgical treatment of problems with the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow
- Trained in both plastic and orthopedic surgery of the hand and upper extremity
- Author of numerous articles published in the medical literature and invited speaker at national medical meetings
- BA, Texan Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- MD, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- General surgery residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Reconstructive microsurgery research fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine St. Louis, Missouri
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery residency, Washington University School of Medicine St. Louis, Missouri (chief resident)
- Orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas with David P. Green, MD, author of the standard textbook on hand surgery used by hand surgeons throughout the world
More Information about David M. Brown
- Hand and upper extremity surgery is a highly specialized field that requires expertise in both plastic surgery and orthopedic techniques. Being trained in both disciplines enables Dr. Brown to expertly address the entire spectrum of diagnoses in the hand and upper extremity and to deal with injuries to tendons, nerves, bones, joints, blood vessels and skin.
- Seeing a fellowship trained specialist early on helps ensure an optimal evaluation, earlier diagnosis and appropriate treatment with state-of-the-art techniques — so that the best possible results can be achieved.